Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Slide recording resolution

Slide recording resolution

Don Stauffer in Minnesota

I would like to use a commercial service to record digital images to
transparencies, for use in a stereo viewer. Does anyone know what
typical resolution (PPI) these services record transparency slides at?

Roy G

"Don Stauffer in Minnesota" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like to use a commercial service to record digital images to
> transparencies, for use in a stereo viewer. Does anyone know what
> typical resolution (PPI) these services record transparency slides at?

Hi.

You need to ask, but below is a quote from Cavendish in the UK

"The film writer exposes the 35mm film at a resolution of 8192 x 5460 pixels
(44.7 megapixels) at a colour bit depth of 36 bits (12 bits per colour).
Medium format film is exposed at a resolution of 8192 x 6702 pixels
(equivalent to a 55 megapixel camera) for 6x7cm images, 6702 x 6702 pixels
for 6x6cm images and 6702 x 5309 for 6x4.5cm images."

I have no doubt labs in the US will do at least as well.

Hope this is of some help.

Roy G

Don Stauffer in Minnesota

On Mar 21, 9:48 pm, "Roy G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Don Stauffer in Minnesota" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in messagenews:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >I would like to use a commercial service to record digital images to
> > transparencies, for use in a stereo viewer. Does anyone know what
> > typical resolution (PPI) these services record transparency slides at?

> Hi.
>
> You need to ask, but below is a quote from Cavendish in the UK
>
> "The film writer exposes the 35mm film at a resolution of 8192 x 5460 pixels
> (44.7 megapixels) at a colour bit depth of 36 bits (12 bits per colour).
> Medium format film is exposed at a resolution of 8192 x 6702 pixels
> (equivalent to a 55 megapixel camera) for 6x7cm images, 6702 x 6702 pixels
> for 6x6cm images and 6702 x 5309 for 6x4.5cm images."
>
> I have no doubt labs in the US will do at least as well.
>
> Hope this is of some help.
>
> Roy G

Wow, boy that is certainly adequate. I guess I should only consider
those places that make that info available.