Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > MS SQL Server in Java/J2EE environment

MS SQL Server in Java/J2EE environment

Sudhakar Chavali

I wanted to understand pros and cons of choosing MS SQL Server in
Java/
J2EE environment.

Could anybody share some thoughts or web resources?

I have worked in both Microsoft and non MS based environments.
Personally I know the power of .Net with MS SQL Server and I don't
wanted to compromise on using MS SQL Server with Java/JEE environment
just for some reasons that Jave/JEE environment have.

Personally I hate using MS SQL Server for Java/J2EE based
applications. But one of my clients wanted to have following
environment for his production environment and he insist on using this
environment for application development.

I don't hate MS or non MS products but using these products in
heterogeneous environment is bit weird to me. That is the reason I
started investigating the power of J2EE with MS SQL Serv

So I just wanted to understand pros and cons of J2EE (Application) +
MS SQL Server ( rdbms )

Thanks
Sudhakar