Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless & Stumped

Wireless & Stumped

=?Utf-8?B?bWlsd2xvY28=?=

I've got a hard wire network with 3 computers hooked up all running XP pro,
with one computer using dailup (ICS) to get on the net. All 3 computers can
surf the net nicely and file share. So, what I want to do is add wireless
capability to the network for a little more freedom of movment for my laptop.
I purchased a Motorola WR850G wireless router and hooked into the network.
I can get the wired and wireless computers to share files, but can not get on
the internet with the wireless laptop.
I've got some ideas from this forum on how to get the dailup to work with
the wireless router. But when I get into the configration of the router I
just don't know quite where to start.
I'm hoping someone might know how to config the Motorola WR850G wireless
router to work with the dailup and the steps involved.

Help please THANKS

Blair

You could try this link for info, but I'm not sure you can setup up ICS for
wireless, good luck:
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/ics_xp

"milwloco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got a hard wire network with 3 computers hooked up all running XP

pro,
> with one computer using dailup (ICS) to get on the net. All 3 computers

can
> surf the net nicely and file share. So, what I want to do is add wireless
> capability to the network for a little more freedom of movment for my

laptop.
> I purchased a Motorola WR850G wireless router and hooked into the network.
> I can get the wired and wireless computers to share files, but can not get

on
> the internet with the wireless laptop.
> I've got some ideas from this forum on how to get the dailup to work with
> the wireless router. But when I get into the configration of the router I
> just don't know quite where to start.
> I'm hoping someone might know how to config the Motorola WR850G wireless
> router to work with the dailup and the steps involved.
>
> Help please THANKS

Jack \(MVP\)

Hi
May be this can Help.