Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How can I remove the dust which came inside my lens ?

How can I remove the dust which came inside my lens ?

Savageduck

On 2008-04-02 01:54:27 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) said:

> On 2 avr, 04:38, Savageduck <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> ...and there you have it.

> Unfortunately, yes.
>
>> Use a hand blower (never canned air!!!), clean brushes (for mirror
>> chamber and sensor low pass filter)

> On the one hand, I get a little bit confused because some people
> advised not to use a hand blower because you can inject some moisture
> inside the system and simply move the dust from one place to another

The idea is to move dust which has just settled on the low pass filter
with gentle puffs from a blower such as the Giotto "Rocket". The
moisture problem comes from using canned air.

> (that's why I thought the vacuum cleaner was a pretty good idea).
> On the other hand, as you said, I heard many people telling some good
> things about the Eclipse product. I am going to buy it for the next
> time.

Take even more care when wet cleaning, and only wet clean if blowing
does not solve the problem with persistent "sticky" dust. Get some of
the correctly sized swabs for your sensor to supplement PEC pads and
and appropriate holder.

>> ALWAYS TAKE YOUR TIME! and repeat as needed.

> ... and that's what I did.
> You could also add "... and keep cool !".

Always.

for.fun@laposte.net

On 2 avr, 14:28, Savageduck <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The idea is to move dust which has just settled on the low pass filter
> with gentle puffs from a blower such as the Giotto "Rocket". The
> moisture problem comes from using canned air.

I was just going to ask why canned air was so bad for the sensor.
Now, I know

> Take even more care when wet cleaning, and only wet clean if blowing
> does not solve the problem with persistent "sticky" dust. Get some of
> the correctly sized swabs for your sensor to supplement PEC pads and
> and appropriate holder.

It makes me think about another bad thing I wanted to say about the
Delkin system : the cleaning wands are too large for the Nikon D70
sensor area. Consequently, the right and left edges of the wands are
scratching on each sides of the sensor's hole and probably leave some
more dust on the sensor (I suppose that cutting the cloth on the edge
would help but the idea of buying this expensive kit is to work as
less as possible).

Thanks very much for all the advices.

A lens so awful the image looks like it came from a mid-levelsuperzoom P&S RichA Digital Photography 11 06-17-2010 07:17 AM
which came first? owen MCAD 4 11-15-2004 09:43 PM
DVD Verdict reviews: DUST TO DUST (POR LA LIBRE), HANGIN' WITH THE HOMEBOYS, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 02-26-2004 10:04 AM
Apply this security update which came from the MS Corp. William Newsom ASP .Net 1 09-24-2003 10:39 AM

Advertisments