Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Run old (win98) games on network?

Run old (win98) games on network?

David Azose

My brother has a Pentium 4 desktop running Window XP sp2. He also has a
very old VAIO running Windows98 on which he has some old games he likes
but don't run under XP.

I have been trying to get him to set up a network. I have suggested to
him that he get a wireless router and a USB wireless adapter for his
VAIO so that his old VAIO is accessible on the network and, hopefully,
let him share the folder(s) that contain his games. Would that work?

David A.

John

Virtual PC may solve this problem.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...c/default.mspx

"David Azose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> My brother has a Pentium 4 desktop running Window XP sp2. He also has a
> very old VAIO running Windows98 on which he has some old games he likes
> but don't run under XP.
> I have been trying to get him to set up a network. I have suggested to him
> that he get a wireless router and a USB wireless adapter for his VAIO so
> that his old VAIO is accessible on the network and, hopefully, let him
> share the folder(s) that contain his games. Would that work?
>
> David A.

Steve Winograd

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:25:39 -0700, David Azose <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My brother has a Pentium 4 desktop running Window XP sp2. He also has a
>very old VAIO running Windows98 on which he has some old games he likes
>but don't run under XP.
>
>I have been trying to get him to set up a network. I have suggested to
>him that he get a wireless router and a USB wireless adapter for his
>VAIO so that his old VAIO is accessible on the network and, hopefully,
>let him share the folder(s) that contain his games. Would that work?
>
>David A.

It's hard to find a wireless adapter that works with Windows 98. To
connect Windows 98 to a network, I recommend either a wired Ethernet
connection or a wireless gaming adapter connected to a wired Ethernet
adapter.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com