Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Win2K, AD and Wireless laptop

Win2K, AD and Wireless laptop

Charles

Here is my setup.
I have a internal domain at home. This network is hardwired, and running on
Windows 2K AS SP4.
Now, I installed a WAP for my laptop. I can access my network (and the
internet) once I have logged on.
The problem arises during bootime and shutdown. The laptop is unable to
communicate with the DC during these times, and my user profile is not
loaded/saved.
I contacted Linksys about this, and I was told to contact Microsoft.
I have been doing a lot of searching on Google and really haven't found
anything that I can relate to my problem, so I'm turning to you fine people.

Current setup:
Modem-to-Zywall 10W Router-to-Linksys 16 Port Switch-to-Linksys WAP54G v2
(with latest firmware)-to-Linksys WPC54G v2.

All workstations are Win2K SP4.
Hopefully, I haven't sounded to confusing.

TIA

Charles

Charles

I should have also added that I assume it's because the device drivers are
not loaded during boot-up and are unloaded too early during shutdown.
I am hoping that there is a workaround or some setting that I may have
missed.

TIA

Charles