Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Creating an Instance of Outlook

Re: Creating an Instance of Outlook

bruce barker

you have two problems:

1) the webserver is running as a service account and does not have an
outlook profile, so outlook can not open the mailbox.

2) Outlook is a windows app it cannot create its window from a service
account and won't run.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"cathy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:024f01c34ca7$62f55300$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi everyone
>
> I want to access the outlook from my webpage to be able
> to read the messages in the inbox.
>
> when first I try to create an instance of the Outlook
> i get the error "Access Denied".
>
> this is my syntax
> Dim oApp As Outlook.Application = New Outlook.Application
> ()
>
> I gave the ASPNET user, full control over my C drive and
> I still get the error.
> What do I need to do?
>
> Any help will be great
>
> Thanks.