Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Taskbar items greyed out

Taskbar items greyed out

Terry Pinnell

Raised this a couple of months ago, with no solution. Happening fairly
often now, so keen to find a fix.

My minimised XP Home taskbar entries (whether folders or programs) are
greyed out. Left-clicking does nothing. Right-clicking brings up the
same menu you get when you click on an empty part of the taskbar
(Toolbars, Cascade Windows, etc).

So far, the only way I've found to recover is to reboot.

Anyone have any idea what can be happening here please?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Evan Platt

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:27:58 +0000, Terry Pinnell
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Raised this a couple of months ago, with no solution. Happening fairly
>often now, so keen to find a fix.

Did you read Elmo's reply?

Did it work? Did it not work?

Terry Pinnell

Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:27:58 +0000, Terry Pinnell
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Raised this a couple of months ago, with no solution. Happening fairly
>>often now, so keen to find a fix.

>Did you read Elmo's reply?

Yes.

>Did it work? Did it not work?

No, unfortunately not. The options were somewhat ambiguous and also
seemed to overlap, but I tried several and none worked. In fact,
earlier today I tried the tool again, with same result.

I rebooted and have the items back, but I'd love to know what the
cause is!

BTW, what do you *call* a minimized item in the taskbar? An item? An
entry? Note that my taskbar as a *whole* is not greyed out. I still
have the Quick Launch items and the System Tray things ion the right.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK