Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Danger Danger Will Robinson Vista SP1

Danger Danger Will Robinson Vista SP1

Lloyd Sheen

Just installed SP1 for Vista. Took a while but seems ok. EXCEPT for IIS7.
When I looked after the update the server is not started. So I start it.
Still no luck. AH web sites are not started. Attempt to start . Ok cannot
do it because another (PLEASE MS WHEN YOU GIVE ERROR MESSAGES THAT A PROCESS
HAS A FILE OPEN, PLEASE INDICATE AT LEAST WHAT FILE THAT IS!!!) so I leave
IIS started.

Get out the car , get back in (reboot) and voila it is running.

Post is just incase someone else runs into this.

Thanks
LS

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

Consider yourself lucky, pal!
-- Peter
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Short Urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

"Lloyd Sheen" wrote:

> Just installed SP1 for Vista. Took a while but seems ok. EXCEPT for IIS7.
> When I looked after the update the server is not started. So I start it.
> Still no luck. AH web sites are not started. Attempt to start . Ok cannot
> do it because another (PLEASE MS WHEN YOU GIVE ERROR MESSAGES THAT A PROCESS
> HAS A FILE OPEN, PLEASE INDICATE AT LEAST WHAT FILE THAT IS!!!) so I leave
> IIS started.
>
> Get out the car , get back in (reboot) and voila it is running.
>
> Post is just incase someone else runs into this.
>
> Thanks
> LS

Lloyd Sheen

"Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Consider yourself lucky, pal!
> -- Peter
> Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> Short Urls & more: http://ittyurl.net
>

> "Lloyd Sheen" wrote:
>
>> Just installed SP1 for Vista. Took a while but seems ok. EXCEPT for
>> IIS7.
>> When I looked after the update the server is not started. So I start it.
>> Still no luck. AH web sites are not started. Attempt to start . Ok
>> cannot
>> do it because another (PLEASE MS WHEN YOU GIVE ERROR MESSAGES THAT A
>> PROCESS
>> HAS A FILE OPEN, PLEASE INDICATE AT LEAST WHAT FILE THAT IS!!!) so I
>> leave
>> IIS started.
>>
>> Get out the car , get back in (reboot) and voila it is running.
>>
>> Post is just incase someone else runs into this.
>>
>> Thanks
>> LS

No kidding. I made sure I had a system checkpoint to go back to (and a hope
that in case it did not work that the checkpoint would work).

Oh well back to work.

LS