Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > DIV background-repeat background-image? For shadow effect

DIV background-repeat background-image? For shadow effect

jc

RE: DIV background-repeat background-image?

Sorry I know this is more an HTML question, but thought you guys might
know.

I'm trying to use style background repeat with DIV to get a shadow
effect by repeating an image. I've seen people do this with TABLE, but
I don't want to use table. Possible?

The below results in nothing showing up. what am I doing wrong? I've
tried placing text in the DIV as well.

background-image:'App_Themes/xxxxImages/top_bg_shadow.gif'" >

Thanks for any help or information.

Aidy

background-image: url('App_Themes/xxxxImages/top_bg_shadow.gif');

"jc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> RE: DIV background-repeat background-image?
>
> Sorry I know this is more an HTML question, but thought you guys might
> know.
>

> I'm trying to use style background repeat with DIV to get a shadow
> effect by repeating an image. I've seen people do this with TABLE, but
> I don't want to use table. Possible?
>
> The below results in nothing showing up. what am I doing wrong? I've
> tried placing text in the DIV as well.

> background-image:'App_Themes/xxxxImages/top_bg_shadow.gif'" >
>
> Thanks for any help or information.

jc

THANK YOU!

Would you happen to know how can I do the same thing vertically on the
right of my header and content areas?

Say I have a DIV for my header (800px wide), a menu below that (800
wide), that shading image (800 wide), my content page area (800), and
to the right of all of those I want a shading about (10px) based on an
image.

Will I have to use TABLE or an absolute positioned DIV?

The way the original site is doing it is with Table Width:

<TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(Images\shadow.gif); WIDTH: 2%;
BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat" valign="top" align="left" height="100%"
rowspan="3"></TD>

Thanks in advance.

Aidy

You can position DIVs side-by-side if you use the float attribute. Google
"float css" and you'll find loads about it.