Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Shadow right border? background-repeat with DIV?

Shadow right border? background-repeat with DIV?

jc

Hello.

I'm trying integrate a new website's look and feel with an old website
who's sources and servers we don't have access to. I'm pretty close,
but there are some details I still need. Namely, the shadowing under
the menus and to the right the usuable work space on the page.

I have two images they used for shadowing. One is used for horizontal
shadowing under a menu control and the other vertically on the right
of usable space.

Those images are bg_top_shadow.gif and bg_right_showdow.gif.

When I do a view source of the old sites page, clearly I can't see all
the css information, but do see one of the rendered shadows is done
under a table as follows:

<TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(UofM_Images\shadow.gif); WIDTH: 2%;
BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat" valign="top" align="left" height="100%"
rowspan="3"></TD>

My problem is I don't want to use a tables to lay out my masterpage
(asp.net).

Can I accomplish the same effect with DIV and SPAN?

Currently my page header is just DIV of a given dimension. Say I want
to repeat the top shadow image below it.

Thank you for any help or information!

Bergamot

jc wrote:

> I'm trying integrate a new website's look and feel with an old website
> who's sources and servers we don't have access to.
>
> When I do a view source of the old sites page, clearly I can't see all
> the css information

The CSS may not be embedded in the HTML, but if you can do a View Source
you certainly can see the CSS, too. The easy way is to use the Web
Developer extension in Firefox. CTRL+SHIFT+C and all the CSS will be
shown in a new tab.

Saving the rendered page as "web page complete" may do, as well, though
it won't save graphics or other files that are only referenced in CSS or
JavaScript.

> Can I accomplish the same effect with DIV and SPAN?

I see yet another design suffering from div-itis on the horizon.

Your code snippets are insufficient to give you proper guidance, but
there is always more than one way to accomplish whatever your goal is.

Post a URL showing your attempt.

--
Berg

Nu Tech Dark Shadow 256MB MP3 Sunglasses Silverstrand Front Page News 1 12-01-2005 11:21 PM
Re: BGP same ISP from shadow to multihomed edavid3001@gmail.com Cisco 0 03-18-2005 02:46 PM
COM+ error when I do a Shadow copy Bill Joyce ASP .Net 0 09-23-2004 01:42 PM
OT: Shadow IT Downer Rowdy Yates MCSE 12 06-09-2004 11:25 PM
Shadow copying Alex ASP .Net 2 08-08-2003 08:18 PM

Advertisments