Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > How to solve a three-element equation set?

How to solve a three-element equation set?

purple

Could you guys do me a favor for solving a equation set?

Z=d/4*(1-SIN(X)/X)
X=8q/(D^2*Y)+SIN(X)
Y=1/n*Z^(2/3)*i^(1/2)

In this equation set, X,Y&Z are the unkown parameters, the others say,
d, q, n&i are known. SO in python, how to program it to represent X, Y
and Z in the form of d, q, n and i?

Thanks very much.

Gerhard Häring

purple wrote:
> Could you guys do me a favor for solving a equation set?
>
> Z=d/4*(1-SIN(X)/X)
> X=8q/(D^2*Y)+SIN(X)
> Y=1/n*Z^(2/3)*i^(1/2)
>
> In this equation set, X,Y&Z are the unkown parameters, the others say,
> d, q, n&i are known. SO in python, how to program it to represent X, Y
> and Z in the form of d, q, n and i?

Will you do your homework yourself, please?

Hint: make X, Y and Z Python functions.

-- Gerhard

Gabriel Genellina

En Wed, 19 Mar 2008 04:05:50 -0300, purple <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió:

> Could you guys do me a favor for solving a equation set?
>
> Z=d/4*(1-SIN(X)/X)
> X=8q/(D^2*Y)+SIN(X)
> Y=1/n*Z^(2/3)*i^(1/2)
>
> In this equation set, X,Y&Z are the unkown parameters, the others say,
> d, q, n&i are known. SO in python, how to program it to represent X, Y
> and Z in the form of d, q, n and i?

You want a numeric result, I presume. SciPy www.scipy.org has several
minimization functions.

--