Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How can I time out the page.

How can I time out the page.

Mike John

How can I time out the page ,if the pc was idl for 5
minutes.

Also, how can i make use of the session so the files are
only open from the login form.so if the second page was
opend from the first page, this second page can not be
open from another browser window.

sincerely yours

Mike John

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

You need to implement a javascript counter in your page (browser side), on
reaching the limit it calls an asp.net page that invokes session abandon, or
sets server side timout to a very low figure.

--
Regards

John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
<shameless_author_plug>
ISBN:1-861007-91-4
Professional Windows Forms
ISBN: 1861005547
Professional JSP 2nd Edition
ISBN: 1861004958
Professional JSP
ISBN: 1861003625
Beginning JSP Web Development
ISBN: 1861002092
</shameless_author_plug>

news:000001c34c6c$a98328f0$(E-Mail Removed)...