Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > What is a content cookie?

What is a content cookie?

me

Hi, the faq and user manuals for privoxy refer to content cookies,
specically in the faq:
===
"Content cookies" (those that are embedded in the actual HTML or JS page
content, see filter{content-cookies}), in an SSL
transaction will be impossible to block under these conditions.
Fortunately, this does not seem to be a very common scenario since most
cookies come by traditional means.
===
did a search but rather surprised not to find an explanation. I guess
that JS can read/set cookies within the browser so that's probably a
content cookie (is that right?) but .. a cookie embedded in actual HTML?
How does that work? I thought the only other place they could be was in
headers. Could someone give an example, I'd really appreciate it.

thanks

jan

Toby A Inkster

me wrote:

> I guess that JS can read/set cookies within the browser so that's
> probably a content cookie (is that right?)

Seems like a prixovy-specific term.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 13:26.]

The Semantic Web
http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2008/03/09/sw/