Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > OT?- AVI editing

OT?- AVI editing

Mike Dobony

This might be a bit off topic, but not sure of a better NG. I have some
AVI files from my digital camera that need some editing for brightness.
Anybody know of any free trials I can get to brighten up the images,
preferably something inexpensive to register?

Paul Furman

Mike Dobony wrote:
> This might be a bit off topic, but not sure of a better NG. I have some
> AVI files from my digital camera that need some editing for brightness.
> Anybody know of any free trials I can get to brighten up the images,
> preferably something inexpensive to register?

rec.video.desktop is a good group for the question. I like Sony Vegas,
there are free ones too like VirtualDub. None are particularly easy to
use, video is complicated.

Spamm Trappe

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:14:02 -0500, Mike Dobony wrote:
> This might be a bit off topic, but not sure of a better NG.

Sense you seem to be detail-challenged, I've pruned the BIG LIST a
little for for you:

alt.video.digital-tv! 1-34800
alt.video.divx! 1-45630
alt.video.dvd! 1-1153522
alt.video.dvd.software! 1-88137
alt.video.dvd.tech! 1-91229
alt.video.laserdisc! 1-395152
alt.video.ptv.replaytv! 1-27422
alt.video.ptv.tivo! 1-95607
alt.video.satellite.4dtv! 1-11838
alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb! 1-8267
alt.video.sound! 1-605
alt.video.tape-trading! 1-195009
alt.video.vcr! 1-29390
dk.marked.privat.tv+video.dvd! 1-57567
es.rec.video.dvd! 1-57685
es.rec.video.edicion! 1-45265
fido7.ru.video.exch! 1-954
fido7.ru.video.films! 1-5254
fido7.ru.video.series! 1-1375
fido7.ru.video.x-files! 1-19083
fido7.su.hardw.pc.video.card! 1-86054
fido7.su.hardw.pc.video.monitor! 1-23002
fido7.su.hardw.pc.video.riva! 1-8062
fido7.su.hardw.tv.video.profi! 1-7825
fj.rec.games.video.characters! 1-8362
fj.rec.games.video.home.playstation! 1-59816
fj.rec.games.video.home.playstation2! 1-5228
fj.rec.games.video.pc! 1-25819
fr.rec.jeux.video.action! 1-11956
fr.rec.jeux.video.autres! 1-2581
fr.rec.jeux.video.aventure-jdr! 1-14798
fr.rec.jeux.video.debats! 1-5547
fr.rec.jeux.video.materiel! 1-46209
fr.rec.jeux.video.strategie! 1-6666
fr.rec.jeux.video.tombraider! 1-59646
fr.rec.son-image.dvd-video.titres! 1-96929
fr.rec.son-image.video.materiel! 1-45207
fr.rec.son-image.video.realisation! 1-55683
it.media.video.produzione! 1-253058
japan.video.hardware! 1-2066
japan.video.soft! 1-1166
rec.games.video.3do! 1-111019
rec.games.video.advocacy! 1-55307
rec.games.video.arcade! 1-246355
rec.games.video.arcade.collecting! 1-601315
rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace! 1-168434
rec.games.video.atari! 1-144132
rec.games.video.cd-i! 1-14360
rec.games.video.cd32! 1-7396
rec.games.video.classic! 1-276794
rec.games.video.marketplace! 1-299917
rec.games.video.misc! 1-74825
rec.games.video.nintendo! 1-636865
rec.games.video.sega! 1-745979
rec.games.video.sony! 1-741094
rec.video.cable-tv! 1-95532
rec.video.desktop! 1-470878
rec.video.desktop.toaster! 1-17478
rec.video.dvd.advocacy! 1-8694
rec.video.dvd.marketplace! 1-38071
rec.video.dvd.misc! 1-38023
rec.video.dvd.players! 1-102857
rec.video.dvd.tech! 1-68788
rec.video.dvd.titles! 1-107166
rec.video.marketplace! 1-81485
rec.video.production! 1-259322
rec.video.professional! 1-18774
rec.video.releases! 1-33396
rec.video.satellite.dbs! 1-207688
rec.video.satellite.europe! 1-27114
rec.video.satellite.misc! 1-28022
rec.video.satellite.tvro! 1-154856
sfnet.harrastus.audio+video.autohifi! 1-24000
sfnet.harrastus.audio+video.kotihifi! 1-31678
sfnet.harrastus.audio+video.kotiteatteri! 1-51727
uk.games.video.dreamcast! 1-163615
uk.games.video.misc! 1-130533
uk.games.video.playstation! 1-194261
uk.games.video.playstation.forsale! 1-55879
uk.rec.video.digital! 1-43593
alt.games.video.xbox! 1-407584
uk.games.video.gameboy! 1-20611
alt.video.tape-trading.pal! 1-5066
alt.games.video.sony-playstation.faqs! 1-1586
sfnet.harrastus.audio+video.satelliitti! 1-11382
alt.video.avid-editors! 1-2134
alt.video.avid_editors! 1-3198
alt.video.dvdr! 1-49309
uk.games.video.xbox! 1-207335
uk.tech.tv.video.pvr! 1-10194
es.rec.video.misc! 1-1932
fido7.su.hardw.pc.video.nvidia! 1-12
alt.video.dvd.authoring! 1-38555
alt.games.video.nintendo.animal-crossing! 1-10396
fido7.ru.video.happy.end! 1-126
adobe.premiere.video.editing! 1-7206
alt.games.video.nintendo! 1-380
fido7.su.hardw.pc.video.ati! 1-67
uk.games.video.handheld! 1-21820
fido7.ru.video.lexx!
fido7.su.hardw.pc.video.f3dfx!
alt.video.ptv.mythtv! 1-236
uk.games.video.nintendo! 1-1730

Dudley Hanks

"Paul Furman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:T%vDj.14401$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> Mike Dobony wrote:
>> This might be a bit off topic, but not sure of a better NG. I have some
>> AVI files from my digital camera that need some editing for brightness.
>> Anybody know of any free trials I can get to brighten up the images,
>> preferably something inexpensive to register?

> rec.video.desktop is a good group for the question. I like Sony Vegas,
> there are free ones too like VirtualDub. None are particularly easy to
> use, video is complicated.

Go to:

http://www.goldwave.com

Check out the Multiquence prog. You can download it for free; use it on a
trial basis; and, if you aren't sure by the time the trial is finished,
just uninstall it and reinstall. It will give you another trial period, the
same length.

Also, it's cheap to register.

I've got both Multiquence and its sister audio editor Goldwave.

They are both great, and just about the only editors that are accessible to
persons with visual disabilities.
Are they any good?

Well, an Australian scientist just used the audio editor to clarify a
long-running dispute.

When Neil Armstrong stepped down onto the moon, he was reported as saying:
"One small step for man, one giant step for mankind."

He was criticized for being redundant. Both parts of the statement
basically meaning the same thing. Mr. Armstrong always claimed that he
actually said, "One small step for {a} man, one giant step for mankind."
But nobody believed him because the recordings didn't verify his claim.

Well, the researcher from Australia, using Goldwave" analyzed the original
Nasau tapes, and he found a tiny little blip that wasn't audible using older
technologies, but which he was able to enhance.

Sure enough, the blip was the missing "a".

Yeah, I know, it's a bit off topic. But, it's interesting...

Good Luck,
Dudley