Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Bottom margin not showing in IE 7

Bottom margin not showing in IE 7

rf

"cwdjrxyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mar 17, 3:51 am, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> I took another look at your screenshots and I see that you are
>> confirming what I have suspected and I will leave the padding on
>> body for IE 7 eyes only. IE 6 does not exhibit the problem. How
>> about that. A development of the fault ridden IE6 does not even
>> get right what it got right!

> If you are very fussy about how the page on IE7 looks at the bottom,
> you likely could correct with Microsoft conditional comments. See my
> demo page at http://www.cwdjr.net/test/UncleBill.html . I tested this
> on all of the browsers I have to make certain it works.

No, don't *fix* if for IE7. Leave it broken. Leave it broken for IE8 as
well. Then people may just start using real browsers and Microsoft just may
notice and will either fix their browser or abandon it.

--
Richard.

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)
m>,
cwdjrxyz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> If you are very fussy about how the page on IE7 looks at the bottom,
> you likely could correct with Microsoft conditional comments.

Yes, earlier in the thread I said "I gave the thing a small
height and had it in a conditional for ie7's eyes
only. And I got the report back that that had fixed it well
enough". But thanks anyway.

Yes I am fussy in this case because I want to mimic to some
extent what the site looks like in good browsers (where I have a
background image showing under the main wrapper).

--
dorayme

dorayme

In article <yVADj.26823$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> No, don't *fix* if for IE7. Leave it broken. Leave it broken for IE8 as
> well. Then people may just start using real browsers and Microsoft just may
> notice and will either fix their browser or abandon it.

This is advice that is easier given than taken. You are quite
right though, the only thing that makes me hesitate is that a
whole bunch of people will think it is me who is the bumbling
incompetent rather than the MS team. I sort of don't want them to
reach this conclusion quite so directly. Yes, a delayed
realisation of same *is* important to me. It gives me time to
choof off with someone's money...

<g>

--
dorayme