Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Used disk space

Used disk space

old man

and the question was?

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Heck, the computer is brand new
> and now I see it has *used* disk space.
>
> I wanted *new* disk space for cryin' out loud.
>
> This P1 is going right back!

Rgr

old man wrote:
> and the question was?

I think it was intended as humor, old man.

philo

Heck, the computer is brand new
and now I see it has *used* disk space.

I wanted *new* disk space for cryin' out loud.

This P1 is going right back!

Mara

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 15:00:35 -0600, "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:3audnfESOqqo5kDanZ2dnUVZ_sbinZ2d@pghconnect. com...
>> old man wrote:
>> > and the question was?

>> I think it was intended as humor, old man.

>I tell my girlfriend ten "jokes" a day.
>(Since they are not funny, I guess they are nor jokes then)
>
>Once or twice a year she actually will laugh at one.
>
>Today I am giving her a break
>and inflicting my poor sense of humor on any Usenet reader who ,
>by some hirrible mistake has stumbled upon one of my posts..
>
>Now go drink some green beer !!!!

I think you've already had enough, Mister Hirrible.

LOL

--
A luser is someone who returns a perfectly good hammer to the hardware
store saying "There's something wrong with it. *I keep hitting my

philo

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> old man wrote:
> > and the question was?

> I think it was intended as humor, old man.

I tell my girlfriend ten "jokes" a day.
(Since they are not funny, I guess they are nor jokes then)

Once or twice a year she actually will laugh at one.

Today I am giving her a break
and inflicting my poor sense of humor on any Usenet reader who ,
by some hirrible mistake has stumbled upon one of my posts..

Now go drink some green beer !!!!

philo

"Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 15:00:35 -0600, "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:3audnfESOqqo5kDanZ2dnUVZ_sbinZ2d@pghconnect. com...
> >>
> >> I think it was intended as humor, old man.

> >I tell my girlfriend ten "jokes" a day.
> >(Since they are not funny, I guess they are nor jokes then)
> >
> >Once or twice a year she actually will laugh at one.
> >
> >Today I am giving her a break
> >and inflicting my poor sense of humor on any Usenet reader who ,
> >by some hirrible mistake has stumbled upon one of my posts..
> >
> >Now go drink some green beer !!!!

> I think you've already had enough, Mister Hirrible.
>
> LOL

Even in my drinking days I think I had better sense than what I seem to have
now...
stone sober!

> --
> A luser is someone who returns a perfectly good hammer to the hardware
> store saying "There's something wrong with it. I keep hitting my
> thumb." --JB, in the Monastery

Rgr

philo wrote:
> "Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 15:00:35 -0600, "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>>>
>>> I tell my girlfriend ten "jokes" a day.
>>> (Since they are not funny, I guess they are nor jokes then)
>>>
>>> Once or twice a year she actually will laugh at one.
>>>
>>> Today I am giving her a break
>>> and inflicting my poor sense of humor on any Usenet reader who ,
>>> by some hirrible mistake has stumbled upon one of my posts..
>>>
>>> Now go drink some green beer !!!!

>> I think you've already had enough, Mister Hirrible.
>>
>> LOL
>>

> Even in my drinking days I think I had better sense than what I seem to have
> now...
> stone sober!

Don't worry, I thought it was funny. Maybe not LOL funny, but humorous.

philo

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> philo wrote:
> > "Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> I think you've already had enough, Mister Hirrible.
> >>
> >> LOL
> >>

> > Even in my drinking days I think I had better sense than what I seem to

have
> > now...
> > stone sober!

> Don't worry, I thought it was funny. Maybe not LOL funny, but humorous.

Of course I forgot that second-hand items are no longer referred to as
"used"

It's pre-owned.

Thip

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Heck, the computer is brand new
> and now I see it has *used* disk space.
>
> I wanted *new* disk space for cryin' out loud.
>
> This P1 is going right back!

I have a nice P1 you can have. It's even got a 1.2 GB HDD and it *screams*
with 16 MB RAM.

Heck, I think there's a 386 down in the building. I'll throw that in too.

old man

Humor? I don't do humor, I do humour

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...