Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Origin of cell phone TEXT messages..... ???

Origin of cell phone TEXT messages..... ???

Big.David.NJ@gmail.com

I thought that whenever you received a TEXT message on your cell
phone, you could automatically tell the phone # of the person who sent
you the message.

Lately... I have gotten all kinds of weird TEXT mesages with nothing
but a string of numbers or letters that make no sense whatsoever.

How can I tell the number of the person who sends them? Or... can't
you always do that?

Thanks

David

JANA

If the person is sending from a computer, and the sender knows what he is
doing he can mask his source as like you can mask an email address when
sending to someone with email.

If you are paying for these TEXT messages I would suggest to change your
phone number and not give it out to anyone unless they can be trusted. This
may even be a friend of yours that is playing a joke on you unless you
published your mobile phone number somewhere.

One way to block the TEXT messaging is to have a landline forwarded to your
mobile phone. You only give out the land line phone number. TEXT messages
sent to a phone number can only be sent to a mobile phone.

An example method of sending TEXT messages as email from a computer to a
mobile phone is: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) This method may not exactly
apply with your particular carrier. This is just an example.

--

JANA
_____

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I thought that whenever you received a TEXT message on your cell
phone, you could automatically tell the phone # of the person who sent
you the message.

Lately... I have gotten all kinds of weird TEXT mesages with nothing
but a string of numbers or letters that make no sense whatsoever.

How can I tell the number of the person who sends them? Or... can't
you always do that?

Thanks

David

Evan Platt

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 00:29:50 -0400, "JANA" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>If you are paying for these TEXT messages I would suggest to change your
>phone number

<SNIP>

Yes. Makes more sense than calling your carrier and asking them to
disable text messaging..

Big.David.NJ@gmail.com