Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Dynamic Java Objects Access

Dynamic Java Objects Access

ash

Hello ,

I would like to access a running object's all kind of information
( methods, fields, class name, local variables, while loops, for
loops ,.... etc) basicly it's entire structure.
I tried solving this problem by parsing the Class to Absract syntax
tree's and then see where to go next. but in order to do that i wanted
to use the new Java Compiler API and there is very little
documentation with it.

So i would greatly appreciate it if anyone would tell me an API that
would solve this problem.

Thanks

Ahmed Ashmawy

Chris

ash wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> I would like to access a running object's all kind of information
> ( methods, fields, class name, local variables, while loops, for
> loops ,.... etc) basicly it's entire structure.
> I tried solving this problem by parsing the Class to Absract syntax
> tree's and then see where to go next. but in order to do that i wanted
> to use the new Java Compiler API and there is very little
> documentation with it.
>
> So i would greatly appreciate it if anyone would tell me an API that
> would solve this problem.

Google the term "java reflection". You'll find plenty.