Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Do I RUN or SAVE Media Windows Player 11?

Do I RUN or SAVE Media Windows Player 11?

WeReo_ScoTTy

I want to make this a permanent part of my sphere, and there's a radio
stream coming this afternoon I need to hear. Right now it's downloading on
RUN but perhaps I'm supposed to download it to SAVE?

What do you think?

Many thanks for your help,

Scott

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"WeReo_ScoTTy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I want to make this a permanent part of my sphere, and there's a radio
>stream coming this afternoon I need to hear. Right now it's downloading on
>RUN but perhaps I'm supposed to download it to SAVE?
>
>What do you think?

Increase your cache, save the cache and rename it as a file name
Edit it with Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
--

magic eye
http://vortrack.net/wp-content/uploa.../magic-eye.gif

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Spin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> "WeReo_ScoTTy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Increase your cache, save the cache and rename it as a file name

>I thought you couldn't capture "streaming" audio or video?

That's why you work with the cache.

--

http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/geronimo.gif

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Spin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> "WeReo_ScoTTy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Increase your cache, save the cache and rename it as a file name
>> Edit it with Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

>I thought you couldn't capture "streaming" audio or video?

You might be right, (without a lot of work now).

I have only captured the streaming video of NASA rovers landing on
Mars (control room activity of course). I used Real player, that
version let you save hours worth of buffered material.

I notice you can only increase WMP10 to 60 seconds - this was also the
first time I have ever started WMP10 (to view the options).

One would then need to find a program that allows a large buffer or go
back to a version that will.
http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=real

--

Mars Animation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_XodVN77y0

Spin

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "WeReo_ScoTTy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Increase your cache, save the cache and rename it as a file name
> Edit it with Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I thought you couldn't capture "streaming" audio or video?

WeReo_ScoTTy

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "WeReo_ScoTTy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I want to make this a permanent part of my sphere, and there's a radio
>>stream coming this afternoon I need to hear. Right now it's downloading on
>>RUN but perhaps I'm supposed to download it to SAVE?
>>
>>What do you think?

> Increase your cache, save the cache and rename it as a file name
> Edit it with Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
> --
>
> magic eye
> http://vortrack.net/wp-content/uploa.../magic-eye.gif
> can you make it out?

Thank you, Pennywise.

WeReo_ScoTTy

"Spin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "WeReo_ScoTTy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Increase your cache, save the cache and rename it as a file name
>> Edit it with Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

> I thought you couldn't capture "streaming" audio or video?

I just want to hear it.