Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Javaflow vs Threads

Javaflow vs Threads

Horcrux7

Does anyone has test Javaflow (Continuation for Java)?
http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/javaflow/

I want to know how the performance of Javaflow compare with a
implementation of threads.

With Javaflow there is no thread switch needed. This will improve the
performance. But in the bytecode there will be add some stuff. This
will slow down the performance.

Volker

Roedy Green

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 12:57:40 -0700 (PDT), Horcrux7
someone who said :

>I want to know how the performance of Javaflow compare with a
>implementation of threads.

Reading the abstract, I don't think JavaFlow is intended to replace
threads. It is for freezing an application and then restarting some
time later it where it left off. It not only freezes objects as does
serialisation, it freezes the state of the app -- the local variables,
the call stacks etc.
--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary