Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Post to offsite page from the middle of a server-side form: impossible?

Re: Post to offsite page from the middle of a server-side form: impossible?

Rick Spiewak

Instead of a form, use server controls, including a button, and construct
the request yourself in the click event.

"Mike Bridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've seen hundreds of posts here about posting without using postback,
> but no solutions to this problem:
>
> Each page of a site I'm creating has a FORM RUNAT="SERVER" at the top,
> and a closing FORM tag at the end, and asp.net controls occur anywhere
> within that page.
>
> Right smack in the middle of the page, I need to place a small form
> which posts some information to an offsite server. As far as I can
> tell, this is impossible with asp.net. Nested forms are illegal, and
> using the client side form tags still don't override the server-side
> form. I thought of doing a "Server.Transfer()", but that only works
> with local URLs. I need to have asp.net controls on both sides of the
> nested form, so I can't end the server-side form tag before the nested
> form tag starts.
>
> Is there a technique to work around this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Mike

Rick Spiewak

Or, write the form out with an HTMLWriter. I'm doing this, putting the code
in the Render routine (which passes the HTMLWriter in). Still trying to
figure out how to get the output into the <body> section, though! It seems
to render OK, but depending on whether I put it before or after
mybase.render, I get my form either before or after the <html> document.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...