Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IBM ThinkPad 600X - keyboard

IBM ThinkPad 600X - keyboard

Smirnoff

I am trying to remove McAfee's EPOAgent from this old laptop using the
command prompt.

However, I cannot get \ (backslash) to show. The key is just above (or
below, not sitting near the machine at the moment) the enter key.

When I press it I get #. Have tried different key combinations but no
luck.

The tried changing Regional Settings to English (UK), still no luck.

Thought if I tried reversing the situation i.e. pressing the # key it
might help, as does @ and " if an American keyboard setting is used,
still no luck

Any ideas?

Jerry G.

Have you tried calling an IBM dealer, or their support???

--

Jerry G.

"Smirnoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I am trying to remove McAfee's EPOAgent from this old laptop using the
command prompt.

However, I cannot get \ (backslash) to show. The key is just above (or
below, not sitting near the machine at the moment) the enter key.

When I press it I get #. Have tried different key combinations but no
luck.

The tried changing Regional Settings to English (UK), still no luck.

Thought if I tried reversing the situation i.e. pressing the # key it
might help, as does @ and " if an American keyboard setting is used,
still no luck

Any ideas?

Smirnoff

Not yet. As it's an older model I thought some posters could still be
using it and give me a quick answer.

Obviously not.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...