Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > TV listing XML serivce

TV listing XML serivce

Carmen Sei

any internet service provide TV listing in XML format?

the TV listing will be a free service and list all the channel, show
title and time.

Joseph Kesselman

Carmen Sei wrote:
> any internet service provide TV listing in XML format?

I don't know of any Internet service providing free TV listings in ANY
format. The folks who sell that data want to protect their income
stream; the newspapers want to protect their advertising/subscription
stream. If you're lucky, individual stations might provide this info;
hit their websites and/or customer relations desks and ask. Good luck.

Carmen Sei

But this's not a big service, it's only an XML upload to server every
night.

None of the TV listing is free?

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:33:54 -0400, Joseph Kesselman
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Carmen Sei wrote:
>> any internet service provide TV listing in XML format?

>I don't know of any Internet service providing free TV listings in ANY
>format. The folks who sell that data want to protect their income
>stream; the newspapers want to protect their advertising/subscription
>stream. If you're lucky, individual stations might provide this info;
>hit their websites and/or customer relations desks and ask. Good luck.

Carmen Sei

how about pay TV listing XMl service? any on the web/

Carmen Sei wrote:
> But this's not a big service, it's only an XML upload to server every
> night.

It's a data entry every night. The problem is getting the data to begin
with.