Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Determine caller domain

Determine caller domain

Tuncer Erhamza

Hi!

Another web application (domain) call our application.
We want to determine in our application which domain call.

Thanks.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> We want to determine in our application which domain call.

Capture the requesting IP and do a reverse DNS lookup, although that won't help you.

There's many clients which share IPs, via proxies, with many other clients.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
"Tuncer Erhamza" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
>
> Another web application (domain) call our application.
> We want to determine in our application which domain call.
>
> Thanks.

siccolo

On Mar 14, 12:49*pm, "Tuncer Erhamza" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Another web application (domain) call our application.
> We want to determine in our application which domain call.
>
> Thanks.

you may want to check Request.ServerVariables["HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"],
and then, if that one's empty,
look in Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADDR"] ....something along
this lines.

... more at http://www.siccolo.com/articles.asp