Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Removing Wireless Network

Removing Wireless Network

PhiltheBear

I'm trying to remove my wireless network and install a wired one. In the
wireless version I connected to the internet via one PC and the other PCs
connected to that one wirelessly.

I've removed the original modem and tried to remove the wireless adapter
from all PCs. However, on the PC that connected to the Internet everything
seems to have gone pear shaped. (The others have all connected perfectly to
the new ethernet router/modem system).

In Device Manager (or looking under Network Connections) there appears to be
a single instance of the Wireless Network Connection (labeled Wireless
Network Connection 5). However, if under Network Connections I select Network
Troubleshooter and perform a scan I can see 3 instances of "Instant Wireless
USB Network Adapter ver 2.6". These "ghost" adapters are causing a problem
because their default IP Gateway address is the same as the address on my
router/modem and my PC can't connect to the new modem because of the
conflicts.

My question - how do I remove these entries? They aren't in Device Manager
and they aren't seen under Network Connections, so the usual methods don't
apply. It's got to be easy - I just don't know how!