Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > All Controls on page Lost!!

All Controls on page Lost!!

AC

This happened to me once before and luckily I have been
backing up regularly - but as i'm designing and testing, I
went back to a page (heavily designed with many particular
spacings, control designs, etc..) and everything is gone
except a label or two.

I definately had not changed anything to cause this.

Is there any hope?

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello,

hmm. It is hard for us to troubleshoot it without further more information.

If the problem could be reproduced, could you please paste detailed steps in the group so that other community members
could share idea with you? And I could also contact product group to isolate problems with these solid steps.

If the problem just happens suddently and you don't know how it happnes, I suggest you contact Microsoft 1:1 support to
have one support engineer to work specially with you. You could use one of the support incidents included with your MSDN
subscription to submit request.

Thanks very much. If you have follow up questions, please post here.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
!From: "AC" <(E-Mail Removed)>
!Sender: "AC" <(E-Mail Removed)>
!Subject: All Controls on page Lost!!
!Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:20:04 -0700
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
!
!This happened to me once before and luckily I have been
!backing up regularly - but as i'm designing and testing, I
!went back to a page (heavily designed with many particular
!spacings, control designs, etc..) and everything is gone
!except a label or two.
!
!I definately had not changed anything to cause this.
!
!Is there any hope?
!

Tejas Joshi

this used to happen to me in the begining days of my learning asp.net..
after days of frustration, I'd found out that if i try to switch between the
design and code view to rapidly.. or if i switch from design view to code
view, when the design view is being loaded.. most of the time i'd lose the
controls.. so i started to wait to let the page load and avoid rapid
switches, untill i was working with that particular installation of vs.net
product..

"Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XT2#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> hmm. It is hard for us to troubleshoot it without further more

information.

> If the problem could be reproduced, could you please paste detailed steps

in the group so that other community members
> could share idea with you? And I could also contact product group to

isolate problems with these solid steps.

> If the problem just happens suddently and you don't know how it happnes, I

suggest you contact Microsoft 1:1 support to
> have one support engineer to work specially with you. You could use one of

the support incidents included with your MSDN
> subscription to submit request.
>
> Thanks very much. If you have follow up questions, please post here.
>
> Best regards,
> Yanhong Huang
> Microsoft Online Partner Support

rights.

> --------------------
> !From: "AC" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> !Sender: "AC" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> !Subject: All Controls on page Lost!!
> !Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:20:04 -0700
> !Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

> !
> !This happened to me once before and luckily I have been
> !backing up regularly - but as i'm designing and testing, I
> !went back to a page (heavily designed with many particular
> !spacings, control designs, etc..) and everything is gone
> !except a label or two.
> !
> !I definately had not changed anything to cause this.
> !
> !Is there any hope?
> !

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hi Anthony,

I am glad to hear it.

Thanks very much for participating the community.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
!From: Anthony Centrella <(E-Mail Removed)>
!Subject: Re: All Controls on page Lost!!
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
!Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 04:47:47 -0700
!
!
!Thanks to some help I found that it is a known bug with a patch to fix
!it.
!
!
!
!patch available at
!http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/do...talossifx.aspx
!
!
!*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
!Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
!