Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Free Wireless Key Finder

Free Wireless Key Finder

Ken Triebold

I came across this freeware that will find the WEP and WPA keys that are in
use on your computer so I thought I would pass it on. It works on XP, Vista
x86 and Vista x64. Seems like it could come in handy some day.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html

Smirnoff

"Ken Triebold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I came across this freeware that will find the WEP and WPA keys that
> are in use on your computer so I thought I would pass it on. It works
> on XP, Vista x86 and Vista x64. Seems like it could come in handy some
> day.
>
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html

Tried out this utility as I have been fiddling about trying to set up
WPA2 and have used a few 63 alpha-numeric keys.

Anyway, finally got it up and running.

Wireless Key View showed two old keys for my BT Home Hub. neither was my
current key so I deleted them.

I then lost my wireless connection and was asked to enter my key again,
this I did.
Connected OK again.

Went back into Wireless Key View and it lists a key that is nothing like
the key I entered.

Also, each time I open and close WKV a Microsoft Office file (which I
cant open) mysteriously appears.

It seemed like a good idea but I have now deleted the program.

Thanks anyway.

smlunatick

On Mar 13, 10:50*am, "Ken Triebold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I came across this freeware that will find the WEP and WPA keys that are in
> use on your computer so I thought I would pass it on. It works on XP, Vista
> x86 and Vista x64. Seems like it could come in handy some day.
>
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html

I have successfully used this utility for sime time now.