Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > javafx with eclipse(SWT)!!

javafx with eclipse(SWT)!!

sukanya84@gmail.com

Hi,
Why is that any pop up menu activated on canvas.onMouseClick, does not
open for another operation after clicking once.Here popupmenu.owner =
canvas.
Means, Selecting one menu once, does not make the menu open again.
After refreshing or reopening the view in eclipse, it opens again. Is
there something to be set true????

Please help!!!

Andrew Thompson

On Mar 13, 10:57*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
> Why is that any ..

..random lunatic is allowed to post to usenet?

> Please help!!!

Please refrain from multi-posting.

(X-post to c.l.j.p./g., w/ f-u to c.l.j.p. only)

--
Andrew T.

sukanya84@gmail.com

excuse me?? u know the solution?
If u not understanding it nor knowing the answer u need not have
replied...
I mean..wasted ur time either...

Andrew Thompson

On Mar 14, 12:46*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> excuse me??

Why should I?

>..u know the solution?

What's the question? I did not bother
wasting my time on such a self possessed
time thief as yourself, once I realised
you were a multi-poster.

My challenge was your opportunity to make
amends, and thereby get your (sorry little)
thread back on track.

Now we know you're an *unapologetic*
multi-poster, rather than simply a person
who did not know better, but was willing
to learn.

> If u not understanding it nor knowing the answer u need not have
> replied...

There there.

> I mean..wasted ur time either...

Don't waste your keyboard on fully typing
out words such as 'your' or 'you'. If you
do that, you might fool people into thinking
you are worth spending time or effort in
helping.

--
Andrew T.

sukanya84@gmail.com

Fine.Thanks for your comments. I would really appreciate any useful
solution for my question.
Also I am sorry i dint know that multi posting is a BIG crime.
Anyways, my question is like this,

I am working with Eclipse 3.2 IDE with SWT plugin/Designer to create a
UserInterface.
To create a network diagram am using JavaFX tool. I also have
(tutorial.jnlp)Javafx editor tool, where I can see the output as I
code.
I have created a Frame, a Canvas, and set of PopupMenus. And
PopupMenus dropping down whenever I click on canvas.
Like,
canvas.onMouseClick = operation(e:MouseEvent)
{
popupmenu.visible = true;
};
I have added actions for each menuitem in the Popupmenu.
When I click on one menuitem, the action performs, but after that the
popupmenu does not open or drop down again until we refresh the whole
thing.

The mouse events are proper in JavaFX Pad(editor) but the same code
not working properly in eclipse.
Now, Can anyone please suggest me what to do??
Thank you in advance.

Andrew Thompson

On Mar 14, 2:38*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Fine.Thanks for your comments. I would really appreciate any useful
> solution for my question.
> Also I am sorry i dint know that multi posting is a BIG crime.

It is not a 'big crime' but just extremely irritating.
As you have probably guessed by now, it is not a good
strategy to make the people you are asking for help
'extremely irritated'.

> Anyways, my question is like this,
>
> I am working with Eclipse 3.2 IDE with SWT ...

I have never dealt with SWT personally, the one
piece of advice I might give you is that..

> Now, Can anyone please suggest me what to do??

..People experienced in use of SWT seem very rare on
the wider *usenet* *newsgroups* (which is the place
where our conversations have been happening), but
Eclipse also has its own forums for discussing things
more specifc to Eclipse.

If you visit <http://www.eclipse.org/swt/>
and scroll down to 'Contact Us' there are a
number of links to subscribe, view the archive,
or search the archive.

To subscribe, it looks like you need a mail client
(such as Thunderbird or Outlook Express) - I am not
sure if it is possible to make posts from just a
browser.

Hope you get a solution. If that happens, it
would be considered polite to put the answer
on each of the threads - so people searching
later can benefit.

--
Andrew T.

Lew

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Also I am sorry i dint know that multi posting is a BIG crime.

You would have known if you had taken the time to read the FAQ post from David
Alex Lamb that's posted every four days, and the links to which it points.

Generally speaking, a professional approach will result in a professional
response. Intentionally misspelling words like "ur"
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ur>
is probably not the best way to put your best foot forward.

And don't get too worried when you get harsh replies on Usenet. I'm not
saying it's justifiable, but it's common. Your best strategy is among:

- thank the sarcastic bastard for his advice;
- say something cute and sarcastic, but friendly, back; or
- ignore the harshness altogether (Zen-master recommended).

--
Lew