Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Downloading MIDlet form web server problem

Downloading MIDlet form web server problem

Maciej

I am trying to deploy and test my application of emulator of palmtop,
provided by wireless Toolkit [1], according to the tutorial from
Developers Works [2]. And so, I tried to install MIDlet application on
palmtop emulator, by downloading it from my local web server, but I
still the get the error:

OTA Error Code (3 - The server did not hava a resource with the
correct type (code 406) or the JAR downloaded has the wrong media
type. [text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor]

I've seen this is common problem, which can be helped by defining MIME
types at the server side. So I tried it with both:
* Apache 2.2 by editing <.htaccess> file in the local directory, where
MIDlet is provided:

addtype application/java-archive jar
addtype text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor jad

* Tomcat 5.5 by editing <web.xml> configuration file

<mime-mapping>
<extension>jad</extension>
<mime-type>text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>
<mime-mapping>
<extension>jar</extension>
<mime-type>application/java-archive</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>

But it does not resolve the problem. Can you help me ? What could be
the reason ?

Best,

Maciej

1. Sun Java Wireless Toolkit -- Version 2.5.2 for CLDC
2. http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/ed...w-wikit-i.html

Installation failed with signed MIDlet on Nokia 6600 (Invalid revocation server) greu Java 0 02-25-2005 09:22 AM
Midlet app size and web services - most efficient way of connecting?!? davout Java 0 10-28-2004 08:46 PM
J2ME MIDlet Problem Bob Rivers Java 0 01-10-2004 10:24 PM
Problem with midlet in n3650 ac Java 0 09-23-2003 06:02 PM
Re: MIDlet problem ScOe Java 3 08-16-2003 06:31 AM

Advertisments