Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Collaborative filtering

Collaborative filtering

Piotre Ugrumov

Hi,
I'm trying to implement an application for the collaborative
filtering. I have a table with users, services and the rating users
give to services (this table is implemented in a MySQL db).
I want the application suggests a service when I provide an user and
that suggests an user when I provide a service.
Actually I am using the collaborative filtering engine "Taste" with
this tool I succeed to suggest a service when I pass the user but I am
not able to do the inverse operation (to suggest an user when I pass a
service). I would not make a mistake but I understand "Taste" does not
allow doing this second operation (the first recommendation is
executed correctly and works).
To realize the second type of suggestion what do I have to use? Does
Taste allow the second suggestion or I make a mistake?
Thanks everyone.
Bye bye.