Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > need tutorial on low level file i/p o/p

need tutorial on low level file i/p o/p

John Bode

On Mar 13, 4:02 am, broli <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> i looked up a few on the internet but it seems there is way too much
> contradictions. It doesn't seem like K & R 2 covers it either.

Do you have a specific question in mind? File I/O covers a lot of
ground.

Default User

broli wrote:

> i looked up a few on the internet but it seems there is way too much
> contradictions. It doesn't seem like K & R 2 covers it either.

Incorrect. Look at chapter 8 of K&R2, UNIX system interface,
specifically:

8.2 Low Level I/O - Read and Write

Brian

CBFalconer

Default User wrote:
> broli wrote:
>
>> i looked up a few on the internet but it seems there is way too
>> much contradictions. It doesn't seem like K & R 2 covers it either.

> Incorrect. Look at chapter 8 of K&R2, UNIX system interface,
> specifically:
>
> 8.2 Low Level I/O - Read and Write

That is not part of the language. It is an indication of the
implementation. The chapter is so marked.

Try the download section.

CBFalconer wrote:

> Default User wrote:
> > broli wrote:
> >
> >> i looked up a few on the internet but it seems there is way too
> >> much contradictions. It doesn't seem like K & R 2 covers it either.

> > Incorrect. Look at chapter 8 of K&R2, UNIX system interface,
> > specifically:
> >
> > 8.2 Low Level I/O - Read and Write

> That is not part of the language. It is an indication of the
> implementation. The chapter is so marked.

So? The statement was, "It doesn't seem like K & R 2 covers it either."

Brian