Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > My computer got hang ups

My computer got hang ups

blacksunheat@gmail.com

Recently my personal computer a pentium 4 started hanging up during
my video and music streams and I have tried numerous remedies from
defragging to restoring to system reconfiguring to stop this to no
avail. What should I do.

RRH

sandy58

On Mar 13, 3:28 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Recently my personal computer a pentium 4 started hanging up during
> my video and music streams and I have tried numerous remedies from
> defragging to restoring to system reconfiguring to stop this to no
> avail. What should I do.
>
> RRH

You have a windows disk? Run a repair on windows.

ded

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Recently my personal computer a pentium 4 started hanging up during
> my video and music streams and I have tried numerous remedies from
> defragging to restoring to system reconfiguring to stop this to no
> avail. What should I do.
>
> RRH

Thats not enough info.
What do you mean by "Hanging up" during video and music streams -
do you mean the connection terminates or the system freezes.
For system hangs, with video streams being usually flash, try the
Adobe site for support/FAQ/ or download the latest flash player.
For other media streams, check the sites help links for system
requirements for such streams.
What media players do you use for these streams.
What else is running that could cause a conflict.
Any other problems, specific error messages.
You're a googler, so that implies it probably is a simple issue but
you maybe missing the obvious.

catchme

ded wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Recently my personal computer a pentium 4 started hanging up during
>> my video and music streams and I have tried numerous remedies from
>> defragging to restoring to system reconfiguring to stop this to no
>> avail. What should I do.
>>
>> RRH

> Thats not enough info.
> What do you mean by "Hanging up" during video and music streams -
> do you mean the connection terminates or the system freezes.
> For system hangs, with video streams being usually flash, try the
> Adobe site for support/FAQ/ or download the latest flash player.
> For other media streams, check the sites help links for system
> requirements for such streams.
> What media players do you use for these streams.
> What else is running that could cause a conflict.
> Any other problems, specific error messages.
> You're a googler, so that implies it probably is a simple issue but
> you maybe missing the obvious.

to this i would add that the speed of the internet connection, number of
open applications and lastly, how much RAM on board are other factors.