Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Nero 8 v8.3.2.1 released today

Nero 8 v8.3.2.1 released today

Carlos

This one goes for my friend "Kue2".
Nero has just released a new version of its (in)famous burning suite.
http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-ne...ff2eeae272aeb0
Love it or hate it.
It is your choice.
No release notes yet.

Carlos

Colin Barnhorst

Don't hold back, Carlos, tell us how you REALLY feel about Nero.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This one goes for my friend "Kue2".
> Nero has just released a new version of its (in)famous burning suite.
> http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-ne...ff2eeae272aeb0
> Love it or hate it.
> It is your choice.
> No release notes yet.
>
> Carlos

Carlos

Yes, I will confess...
I..., well...., sort of..., kinda like it.
(I did it, I said it).
My only precaution is always to do a custom install and choose the minimum
set I want.
No further comments, I do know that Charlie will have something to say about
this and whatever I may say can and will be used against me (where did I
heard that last part before?).

Carlos

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Don't hold back, Carlos, tell us how you REALLY feel about Nero.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > This one goes for my friend "Kue2".
> > Nero has just released a new version of its (in)famous burning suite.
> > http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-ne...ff2eeae272aeb0
> > Love it or hate it.
> > It is your choice.
> > No release notes yet.
> >
> > Carlos

Kue2

Thanks Carlos............installing now
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This one goes for my friend "Kue2".
> Nero has just released a new version of its (in)famous burning suite.
> http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-ne...ff2eeae272aeb0
> Love it or hate it.
> It is your choice.
> No release notes yet.
>
> Carlos

Colin Barnhorst

Charlie will probably say something like, "Step away from the keyboard. Put
the mouse down slowly and no one will be hurt."

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, I will confess...
> I..., well...., sort of..., kinda like it.
> (I did it, I said it).
> My only precaution is always to do a custom install and choose the minimum
> set I want.
> No further comments, I do know that Charlie will have something to say
> about
> this and whatever I may say can and will be used against me (where did I
> heard that last part before?).
>
> Carlos
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> Don't hold back, Carlos, tell us how you REALLY feel about Nero.

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > This one goes for my friend "Kue2".
>> > Nero has just released a new version of its (in)famous burning suite.
>> > http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-ne...ff2eeae272aeb0
>> > Love it or hate it.
>> > It is your choice.
>> > No release notes yet.
>> >
>> > Carlos

Charlie Russel - MVP

no, I'm about like you. I use it, but only the most minimal custom install
and even then I grimace. And I admit - I haven't "upgraded" to the latest
version. I'm still back at 7.something. And wishing 6.something worked
better under Vista so I could stay with it. Sigh.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, I will confess...
> I..., well...., sort of..., kinda like it.
> (I did it, I said it).
> My only precaution is always to do a custom install and choose the minimum
> set I want.
> No further comments, I do know that Charlie will have something to say
> about
> this and whatever I may say can and will be used against me (where did I
> heard that last part before?).
>
> Carlos
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> Don't hold back, Carlos, tell us how you REALLY feel about Nero.

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > This one goes for my friend "Kue2".
>> > Nero has just released a new version of its (in)famous burning suite.
>> > http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-ne...ff2eeae272aeb0
>> > Love it or hate it.
>> > It is your choice.
>> > No release notes yet.
>> >
>> > Carlos

Charlie Russel - MVP

<grin>

Sorely tempted.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Charlie will probably say something like, "Step away from the keyboard.
> Put the mouse down slowly and no one will be hurt."

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yes, I will confess...
>> I..., well...., sort of..., kinda like it.
>> (I did it, I said it).
>> My only precaution is always to do a custom install and choose the
>> minimum
>> set I want.
>> No further comments, I do know that Charlie will have something to say
>> about
>> this and whatever I may say can and will be used against me (where did I
>> heard that last part before?).
>>
>> Carlos
>>
>> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>>
>>> Don't hold back, Carlos, tell us how you REALLY feel about Nero.
>>>
>>> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Charlie Russel - MVP

You _are_ a glutton for punishment.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Thanks Carlos............installing now
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> This one goes for my friend "Kue2".
>> Nero has just released a new version of its (in)famous burning suite.
>> http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-ne...ff2eeae272aeb0
>> Love it or hate it.
>> It is your choice.
>> No release notes yet.
>>
>> Carlos

KevinD

Since there are some Nero "experts" here............why do these upgrades
take so long? Is it normal for it to take over an hour? I have a fairly
beefed up system that effortlessly runs everything I throw at it but these
upgrades just take forever.

Since I started......one more comment / question. After the upgrade,
everytime I boot my machine I get a message stating "Nero Home" crashed and
will be shut down. What would cause that at startup?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This one goes for my friend "Kue2".
> Nero has just released a new version of its (in)famous burning suite.
> http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-ne...ff2eeae272aeb0
> Love it or hate it.
> It is your choice.
> No release notes yet.
>
> Carlos

Carlos

KevinD,
Nero is bloatware.
If you don't make a custom install and instead go for the whole package, the
update process can take eons.
Nero Home is one of the useless items I discard during my custom install.
I'd suggest you go that route.

Carlos