Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > doxygen

doxygen

June Lee

I found running from command line some what complicated.

Does VC++ 2005 or above has a plugin for doxygen ( the documentation
tool )

EventHelix.com

On Mar 11, 9:37*pm, June Lee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I found running from command line some what complicated.
>
> Does VC++ 2005 or above has a plugin for doxygen ( the documentation
> tool )

Doxycomment VS2005 addin is an option. The commenting syntax is
similar to Doxygen.
http://doxycomment.sourceforge.net/vs2005_addin.html

--
EventStudio 4.0 - http://www.Eventhelix.com/Eventstudio/
Sequence diagram based systems engineering tool

dave_mikesell@fastmail.fm

On Mar 11, 8:37 pm, June Lee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I found running from command line some what complicated.

Really? I thought you just edited the Doxyfile and ran the
doxygen.exe file.

Jorgen Grahn

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 20:17:38 -0700 (PDT), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mar 11, 8:37 pm, June Lee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I found running from command line some what complicated.

> Really? I thought you just edited the Doxyfile and ran the
> doxygen.exe file.

True. Which means, when you have customized Doxyfile for your project,
that you just type "doxygen". Or add it to your Makefile, or whatever
build system you use.

/Jorgen

dave_mikesell@fastmail.fm

On Mar 12, 7:07 pm, "John Brawley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I read about doxygen here yesterday, and decided to try it just to see what
> it had to say about my little 400-line program.
> I edited the doxyfile (not much), and added the path to my .cpp file and the
> paths to my include and lib directories.
> The command (from a DOS box) is:
>
> doxygen doxyfile
>
> An hour later, doxygen is still (as I write) parsing, computing, reporting
> what it's doing to the console screen, etc. etc., and that's on my *fast*
> machine, an Athlon 64 3400+.
> I am assuming it will complete some day, and I can then tell what it
> actually did....

Hmmm...that sounds odd. I've run it on hundreds of source files and
it completes much faster than that.

John Brawley

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > On Mar 11, 8:37 pm, June Lee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> I found running from command line some what complicated.

> > Really? I thought you just edited the Doxyfile and ran the
> > doxygen.exe file.

> True. Which means, when you have customized Doxyfile for your project,
> that you just type "doxygen". Or add it to your Makefile, or whatever
> build system you use.

I read about doxygen here yesterday, and decided to try it just to see what
it had to say about my little 400-line program.
I edited the doxyfile (not much), and added the path to my .cpp file and the
paths to my include and lib directories.
The command (from a DOS box) is:

doxygen doxyfile

An hour later, doxygen is still (as I write) parsing, computing, reporting
what it's doing to the console screen, etc. etc., and that's on my *fast*
machine, an Athlon 64 3400+.
I am assuming it will complete some day, and I can then tell what it
actually did....

--
Peace
JB

John Brawley

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mar 12, 7:07 pm, "John Brawley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I read about doxygen here yesterday, and decided to try it just to see

what
> > it had to say about my little 400-line program.
> > I edited the doxyfile (not much), and added the path to my .cpp file and

the
> > paths to my include and lib directories.
> > The command (from a DOS box) is:
> >
> > doxygen doxyfile
> >
> > An hour later, doxygen is still (as I write) parsing, computing,

reporting
> > what it's doing to the console screen, etc. etc., and that's on my

*fast*
> > machine, an Athlon 64 3400+.
> > I am assuming it will complete some day, and I can then tell what it
> > actually did....

> Hmmm...that sounds odd. I've run it on hundreds of source files and
> it completes much faster than that.

I'd never used it before.
It finished. Turns out I had asked it to do far more than my one source
file (it made all the files in the include directory look real pretty and
nice....; about 80 megabytes of HTML.)
If I run it on only my 400-line source file, it completes in less than a few
seconds.
My bad.
I had expected it to do what a profiler does, and stick the actual functions
and such from my #include <soandso> files, into my own source.
Not so.
More bad.
No biggie: one tries, one learns.