Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook Express offline message

Outlook Express offline message

kineton1

Any ideas as to why my Outlook Express should come up with the message "No
connection is currently available....." sometimes when opening the program?
The DSL connection I have is still connected to the server. As soon as I
click the "try again' button it is instantly connected again and remains
connected till when I reopen the program. It does not happen EVERY time
though. I recently installed IE7 on my XP and OE has played up this way
since. I figure it may just be a conflict but how to resolve?
Apart from this slight irritation OE runs smoothly and after a lot of effort
I finally got IE7 to work (I had to disable some of the addons). Please no
replies that I should forget OE and move on to something else - I thoroughly
like OE and have no wish to do that.

Gazwad

kineton1 <(E-Mail Removed)>, the gumming-grifter and tightfisted choc jock
who likes crude analingus with dromedary camels, and whose partner is a
speedy-sister with an oversized gaping hole, wrote in
<fr725h$83g$(E-Mail Removed)>:
> Any ideas as to why my Outlook Express should come up with the message "No
> connection is currently available....." sometimes when opening the
> program?
> The DSL connection I have is still connected to the server. As soon as I
> click the "try again' button it is instantly connected again and remains
> connected till when I reopen the program. It does not happen EVERY time
> though. I recently installed IE7 on my XP and OE has played up this way
> since. I figure it may just be a conflict but how to resolve?
> Apart from this slight irritation OE runs smoothly and after a lot of
> effort
> I finally got IE7 to work (I had to disable some of the addons). Please no
> replies that I should forget OE and move on to something else - I
> thoroughly
> like OE and have no wish to do that.

Buy a router.

is but a dream within a dream.

Mr. Arnold

"kineton1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fr725h$83g$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any ideas as to why my Outlook Express should come up with the message "No
> connection is currently available....." sometimes when opening the
> program?
> The DSL connection I have is still connected to the server. As soon as I
> click the "try again' button it is instantly connected again and remains
> connected till when I reopen the program. It does not happen EVERY time
> though. I recently installed IE7 on my XP and OE has played up this way
> since. I figure it may just be a conflict but how to resolve?
> Apart from this slight irritation OE runs smoothly and after a lot of
> effort
> I finally got IE7 to work (I had to disable some of the addons). Please no
> replies that I should forget OE and move on to something else - I
> thoroughly
> like OE and have no wish to do that.

You could try posting to an OE NG at msnews.microsoft.com, which can be
accessed via a browser.

Mike Easter

kineton1 wrote:
> Any ideas as to why my Outlook Express should come up with the
> message "No connection is currently available....." sometimes when
> opening the program? The DSL connection I have is still connected to
> the server. As soon as I click the "try again' button it is
> instantly connected again and remains connected till when I reopen
> the program. It does not happen EVERY time though. I recently
> installed IE7 on my XP and OE has played up this way since. I figure
> it may just be a conflict but how to resolve?

Traditionally OE (various 6 versions derived from IE6) has depended on
IE's settings for its connectivity. OE/ Tools/ Options/ Connectivity
tab - "OE shares your Internet Connection settings with Internet
Explorer. Click the Change button to modify these settings"

--
Mike Easter

ded

"kineton1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fr725h$83g$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any ideas as to why my Outlook Express should come up with the message "No
> connection is currently available....." sometimes when opening the
> program?
> The DSL connection I have is still connected to the server. As soon as I
> click the "try again' button it is instantly connected again and remains
> connected till when I reopen the program. It does not happen EVERY time
> though. I recently installed IE7 on my XP and OE has played up this way
> since. I figure it may just be a conflict but how to resolve?
> Apart from this slight irritation OE runs smoothly and after a lot of
> effort
> I finally got IE7 to work (I had to disable some of the addons). Please no
> replies that I should forget OE and move on to something else - I
> thoroughly
> like OE and have no wish to do that.

In OE, Click: Tools>Options
Then click the "Connection" tab
Here you will find the settings for OE
Listed will be your dial-up/cable/dsl etc
Just ensure the default is the one you require,
usually same as your browser.