Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Unwanted FindStuff window after doing a google search.

Unwanted FindStuff window after doing a google search.

John

I have just upgraded to FF 2.0.0.12. When I do a google search on
something I get this pop up window from "FindStuff" appear with possible
urls for something I was searching for using google. I hate this litte
feature. Where is it coming from and how do I kill it?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

John wrote:
> I have just upgraded to FF 2.0.0.12. When I do a google search on
> something I get this pop up window from "FindStuff" appear with possible
> urls for something I was searching for using google. I hate this litte
> feature. Where is it coming from and how do I kill it?

I don't know. I've never heard of this. Make sure your
popup is working. Try deleting your cache and cookies. If
all that doesn't work, then make sure your anti-virus
checker is working, and your firewall.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

John Thompson

On 2008-03-11, John <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have just upgraded to FF 2.0.0.12. When I do a google search on
> something I get this pop up window from "FindStuff" appear with possible
> urls for something I was searching for using google. I hate this litte
> feature. Where is it coming from and how do I kill it?

You've got spyware. C.f.:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9124257AAwlIAY

--

John ((E-Mail Removed))

Re: Try Doing A Google Search For Greg Carr On Google Groups Kevin C Baer Computer Support 4 09-16-2008 10:09 PM
Unwanted window mamin@o2.pl ASP .Net 5 10-12-2006 01:08 PM
Re: Unwanted window. Rhian Computer Support 7 06-23-2004 05:07 PM
Unwanted window Rhian Computer Support 5 06-17-2004 12:09 PM
Tkinter+popen4+windows leads to unwanted window Patrick L. Nolan Python 0 12-18-2003 07:15 AM

Advertisments