Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > WTH is 'com surrogate?

WTH is 'com surrogate?

richard

In launching a jpg through agent, I get this message from AVG:

Application: COM Surrogate
Full path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLHOST.EXE
Local address: 192.168.1.16 : 49706
Remote address: 131.107.115.28 : 80
Connection: TCP connection
Direction: Out

This application is attempting to connect to "remote address".

Ok. so what the hell is it?
The IP given is registered to M$ and the website responds with
"service unavailable".

--

A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
Mark Twain(attributed)

Mike Easter

richard wrote:
> In launching a jpg through agent, I get this message from AVG:
>
> Application: COM Surrogate
> Full path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLHOST.EXE

MS kb 328925 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328925 The COM+
(Dllhost.exe) Process Loads the Latest Version of .NET Runtime During
Remote Client Activations

> Remote address: 131.107.115.28 : 80

= rDNS crl.microsoft.com

> Ok. so what the hell is it?
> The IP given is registered to M$ and the website responds with
> "service unavailable".

Google 'com surrogate' and also read the dllhost.exe hits.

--
Mike Easter