Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > How do i reset a Mitel IP phone to Factory Defaults

How do i reset a Mitel IP phone to Factory Defaults

Big Phil

Hi

I have several Mitel IP phones that i need to reset to their factory
defaults. Do anyone know what is the process for doing this?

Rgds

Phil

Lundah Lundah is offline
Junior Member

Pretty simple. You reset the phone (easiest way to do this is to unplug the network cable & reconnect it) and hold down the # key until the display says "Configure Phone?". Then press the option for "Yes". The first menu will be "Network Configuration", select yes again, and hit "No" until you get to "Set Static Values?" There will be an option to default all values, either a softkey or the 0 key depending on the model. After selecting this, the phone will store the new settings in RAM and ask if you want to reboot. After rebooting, the phone should come up with default values and hunt for a DHCP server.

Mitel Lurker

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)> Big
Phil <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>Hi
>
>I have several Mitel IP phones that i need to reset to their factory
>defaults. Do anyone know what is the process for doing this?

Depends somewhat on the model of phone
Try rebooting with the star (*) key held down (until it tells you to
release it).

If you've corrupted the flash, the phone is toast & will either have to be
returned to the mfr or tossed in the trash. Given the hassle of getting an
RMA it's sometimes less frustrating just to toss it. Factory repair is
going to cost at least half the cost of a replacement + shipping.

Big Phil

On Mar 13, 12:18*am, Mitel Lurker <wdg@[206.180.145.133] wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)> Big
>
> Phil <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> >Hi

> >I have several Mitel IP phones that i need to reset to their factory
> >defaults. Do anyone know what is the process for doing this?

> Depends somewhat on the model of phone
> Try rebooting with the star (*) key held down (until it tells you to
> release it).
>
> If you've corrupted the flash, the phone is toast & will either have to be
> returned to the mfr or tossed in the trash. Given the hassle of getting an
> RMA it's sometimes less frustrating just to toss it. Factory repair is
> going to cost at least half the cost of a replacement + shipping.

> ---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Hi, I tried this, holding the star key down erases the PIN only. Looks
like the flash could be toast.... oh well....

Thanks

chuck.corbin@fairfieldcountybank.com

On Mar 11, 6:58*am, Big Phil <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have severalMitelIPphones that i need to reset to their factory
> defaults. Do anyone know what is the process for doing this?
>
> Rgds
>
> Phil

Phil,

Hold down the # key while rebooting. Follow the prompts - answer no to
the view questions and yes to change. One of the prompts will be to
press 0 to factory reset.

-Chuck