Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photo trip to Southern England, need sights to see!

Photo trip to Southern England, need sights to see!

Philip Procter

My family and I are vacationing along England's south coast this
summer (late may) and are looking for picturesque sights to visit for
photographs. We plan to spen about 5 days in the Cornwall/Devon area
and 5 days between Southampton and Dover.

I'd be most interested in natural sights (like rugged sea cliffs) or
quaint villages. Last time we were there, we really liked Clovelly,
Torquay, and about all of Northern Wales. Hopefully, that will give
you some great ideas.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Philip

Shawn Hirn

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Philip Procter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> My family and I are vacationing along England's south coast this
> summer (late may) and are looking for picturesque sights to visit for
> photographs. We plan to spen about 5 days in the Cornwall/Devon area
> and 5 days between Southampton and Dover.
>
> I'd be most interested in natural sights (like rugged sea cliffs) or
> quaint villages. Last time we were there, we really liked Clovelly,
> Torquay, and about all of Northern Wales. Hopefully, that will give
> you some great ideas.
>
> Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

It can't hurt to post your request on the rec.travel.europe newsgroup.

Nervous Nick

On Mar 10, 8:45 pm, Philip Procter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> My family and I are vacationing along England's south coast this
> summer (late may) and are looking for picturesque sights to visit for
> photographs. We plan to spen about 5 days in the Cornwall/Devon area
> and 5 days between Southampton and Dover.
>
> I'd be most interested in natural sights (like rugged sea cliffs) or
> quaint villages. Last time we were there, we really liked Clovelly,
> Torquay, and about all of Northern Wales. Hopefully, that will give
> you some great ideas.
>
> Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I suggest that you just rent a car, keep your cameras at hand, and
just drive. And if you are not a "people person" then try to become
one. A "photo project" is an excellent excuse.

You will not lack for subject material, wherever you travel in those
areas--especially in Cornwall.

Lucky you!

--
YOP...

simon steel

Would suggest that you google the following
Lizard Point.
Portland Bill.
Chesil Beach.
Durdle Door.
Lulworth cove.
Jurassic Coast.

And Beachy Head.

Also if in Devon, I'm largely of the opinion that Dartmoor is a must.
Try starting at Bovey Tracey,
Take the B3387 through to Two Bridges.
From there take the B3357 to Tavistock
Then A386 towards Plymouth, turning off at Yelverton onto the B3212.
Then from Two Bridges take the B3212 to Moretonhampstead.
from there back down the A382 to Bovey Tracey.

Hope that helps..
SS.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...