Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Date stamped protection on recent films?

Date stamped protection on recent films?

Pete L

I occasionally download films using bittorrents. I have noticed that
some of them (and I think it seems to be Avi's) worked fine at first
then after a few weeks stopped loading into Win Media player. They
appear to freeze at the start and usually crash the player. Films
downloaded a couple of years ago still work fine. Why would this be
and anybody any theories and or cure? Could the more recent films -
late 2007 onwards have a self destruct protection in them when they
are more than a few weeks old?

Justin

Pete L wrote on [Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:47:33 -0700 (PDT)]:
> I occasionally download films using bittorrents. I have noticed that
> some of them (and I think it seems to be Avi's) worked fine at first
> then after a few weeks stopped loading into Win Media player. They
> appear to freeze at the start and usually crash the player. Films
> downloaded a couple of years ago still work fine. Why would this be
> and anybody any theories and or cure? Could the more recent films -
> late 2007 onwards have a self destruct protection in them when they
> are more than a few weeks old?

Why not do the decent thing and buy the DVD?

Richard C.

"Pete L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I occasionally download films using bittorrents. I have noticed that
> some of them (and I think it seems to be Avi's) worked fine at first
> then after a few weeks stopped loading into Win Media player. They
> appear to freeze at the start and usually crash the player. Films
> downloaded a couple of years ago still work fine. Why would this be
> and anybody any theories and or cure? Could the more recent films -
> late 2007 onwards have a self destruct protection in them when they
> are more than a few weeks old?

I just buy the movies on DVD and they work great!