Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > rassdk:// added to path when connecting to a crystal report from w

rassdk:// added to path when connecting to a crystal report from w

kkarre

We have an issue with connecting to a Crystal Report in a web page.
Our ReportDocument instance's Load method protests due to our
Filename property (which is set with a relative path to the web app).
If we hardcode the path it works, but with relative addressing... somehow we
get
rassdk://
added to the string.
Does this mean we can't use relative addressing?
Thanks in advance!

kkarre

The Exception states "Load report failed"
The inner Exception is a System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException with
message something like "Access denied \r"

Anyone?

"kkarre" wrote:

> We have an issue with connecting to a Crystal Report in a web page.
> Our ReportDocument instance's Load method protests due to our
> Filename property (which is set with a relative path to the web app).
> If we hardcode the path it works, but with relative addressing... somehow we
> get
> rassdk://
> added to the string.
> Does this mean we can't use relative addressing?
> Thanks in advance!

kkarre

Could the "access denied" imply something about asp.net account's rights?