Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > I'm looking for someone to appraise my java code for me..

I'm looking for someone to appraise my java code for me..

travel2light

On 12 Mar, 01:02, Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:52:16 -0700 (PDT), travel2light
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
> someone who said :
>
> >I already discovered the importance of comments the hard way! I've
> >been revisiting some projects I started a long time ago and I've been
> >having a terrible time trying to make sense of them.

> How do you think EVERYONE finally comes to the conclusion they are of
> prime importance?
>
> It is so funny the way younger programmers think we old timers are so
> keen on comments purely out of a sense of aesthetics. We learned
> through deep pain. Ditto the importance of encapsulation.
>
> --
>
> Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
> The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

I'm not in your world. I've never been around programmers and I've
never accociated with them. I am 100% self taught and therefore I've
never been been inclined, or had reason to think about your question.
I've also never had reason or inclination to consider if/why
professional programmers use comments.

Your comment also assumes that anyone learning java is young. This is
quite a big assumption.

Michael

Lew

travel2light wrote:
> Your comment also assumes that anyone learning java is young. This is
> quite a big assumption.

"Younger programmers" does not refer to chronological age, but to when one was
"born" into programming. See Paul Erdos's use of being "born" for a similar
specialization.

--
Lew

travel2light

On 10 Mar, 04:22, travel2light <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need someone with professional java development experience to
> appraise my code for me. I am a self-taught programmer and I have
> reached a stage where I need to know if I have the potential to take
> up java development as a career. Or if it will just continue to be a
> stimulating hobby. This is really important to me and hopefully will
> save me a lot of time and effort!
>
> I've written an application that pretty much summarises what I have
> learnt so far. It is a single compilable source file. It was written
> using a text editor. I have to admit it is not commented much, but
> once it is compiled it should be easy to see what it is about.
>
> I would be so grateful to anyone who can help me to know what my
> potential is. I should also add that I'm not from an academic
> background and my grasp of maths is basic at best. The program have
> chosen will demonstrate the limits of my maths knowledge! Many thanks.
>
> Michael

I just want to thank everyone who replied and helped me understand the
problems with my code. I really appreciated all of time and wisdom.

Michael

travel2light

On 12 Mar, 23:52, Lew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> travel2light wrote:
> > Your comment also assumes that anyone learning java is young. This is
> > quite a big assumption.

> "Younger programmers" does not refer to chronological age, but to when one was
> "born" into programming. See Paul Erdos's use of being "born" for a similar
> specialization.
>
> --
> Lew

No problem.