Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Over The Waterfall With The D3!!

Reply
Thread Tools

Over The Waterfall With The D3!!

 
 
James Hanson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-10-2008
Celcius wrote:
> "Rita Berkowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad the
>> D3 is very water resistant.
>>
>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>
>>
>>
>>
>>

> Rita,
>
> I went to the url, looked and read: "Careless duck falls over the edge and
> tries to hold on for dear life Taken with the world famous Nikon D3 and
> 500/4 Nikkor. Damn! That 500/4 Nikkor is one sweet lens! Best viewed full
> size to be awed by the D3's magical properties".
>
> Darn it Rita, you prove eactly what I'm always thinking: No use throwing
> money at hardware if you don't get the results. Here you are, spending over
> $10,000 in equipment to get that result? Surely you jest )))) Telle us,
> please, it's a P&S, right?????
>
> You make me think of those I knew, who used to buy a turntable worth $6000
> and over to gain a very suspect purer sound....
>
> It takes all kinds, I guess.
>
> Take care,
>
> Marcel
>
>


What is it a picture of I have clicked that link 3 times in the last
hour and got Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rita Berkowitz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-10-2008
Celcius wrote:

>> Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so
>> glad the D3 is very water resistant.
>>
>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>

>
> I went to the url, looked and read: "Careless duck falls over the
> edge and tries to hold on for dear life Taken with the world famous
> Nikon D3 and 500/4 Nikkor. Damn! That 500/4 Nikkor is one sweet lens!
> Best viewed full size to be awed by the D3's magical properties".
>
> Darn it Rita, you prove eactly what I'm always thinking: No use
> throwing money at hardware if you don't get the results. Here you
> are, spending over $10,000 in equipment to get that result? Surely
> you jest )))) Telle us, please, it's a P&S, right?????


Now you hurt my feelings! I'm going to have to trade the old D3 in on a 1Ds
Mk III.

> You make me think of those I knew, who used to buy a turntable worth
> $6000 and over to gain a very suspect purer sound....


At least it sounds good, even at 9fps. This was my fault. I would have had
the money shot if I set the old D3 to fire at 11fps.

> It takes all kinds, I guess.


It is all about the journey, you gots to know how to have fun.




Rita

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rita Berkowitz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-10-2008
Celcius wrote:

>>> It takes all kinds, I guess.

>>
>> It is all about the journey, you gots to know how to have fun.

>
> I have to admit, you're a special character )) I suppose if I had
> the money....


Hey, why not? You can't take it with you. I'm in my 40s and I got a bit of
a surplus to burn off in the next 30-years or so. Maybe they need to raise
the prices of dSLRs?




Rita

 
Reply With Quote
 
Focus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-10-2008

"Rita Berkowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad the
> D3 is very water resistant.
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>
>


Excellent timing and a great picture...
Don't mind the jealous trolls.

Nikon rules!


--
Focus


 
Reply With Quote
 
George Kerby
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-10-2008



On 3/9/08 8:29 PM, in article fr22vq$102$(E-Mail Removed), "Matt
Ion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Rita Berkowitz wrote:
>> Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad
>> the D3 is very water resistant.
>>
>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>

>
> Wow, that was... uh...
>
> Lame.
>
> Oversharpened, too much DOF, horrible framing, lousy timing. A
> 10-year-old with a $99 P&S could have done better.

I don't even bother anymore.

 
Reply With Quote
 
RichA
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-10-2008
On Mar 9, 8:44 pm, "Rita Berkowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad the
> D3 is very water resistant.
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>
>
> Rita


Check out this photoshoot. The E-3 is the weatherproof camera.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=27107063
 
Reply With Quote
 
Celcius
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-10-2008

"Focus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Rita Berkowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad
>> the D3 is very water resistant.
>>
>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>
>>

>
> Excellent timing and a great picture...
> Don't mind the jealous trolls.
>
> Nikon rules!
>
>
> --

Focus,
Please "focus" on what I said.
I'm not jealous, nor a troll, but I find extravagant to have this type of
gear to take this resulting photo.
I bet my bottom $ that she/he would have done as well with a simple outfit,
say a Canon D20 or Nikon D 70 (note, older models), both with a good lens,
not necessarily a higly pro one. That was in essence what I said.
Why all this ballyhoo over such a photo?
Marcel


 
Reply With Quote
 
Focus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-10-2008

"Celcius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fr3ic8$5i4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Focus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Rita Berkowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad
>>> the D3 is very water resistant.
>>>
>>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>
>>>

>>
>> Excellent timing and a great picture...
>> Don't mind the jealous trolls.
>>
>> Nikon rules!
>>
>>
>> --

> Focus,
> Please "focus" on what I said.
> I'm not jealous, nor a troll, but I find extravagant to have this type of
> gear to take this resulting photo.
> I bet my bottom $ that she/he would have done as well with a simple
> outfit, say a Canon D20 or Nikon D 70 (note, older models), both with a
> good lens, not necessarily a higly pro one. That was in essence what I
> said.
> Why all this ballyhoo over such a photo?


You mean except for catching exactly the right moment, perfect colors,
perfect focus and supersharp image?
Absolutely nothing


--
Focus


 
Reply With Quote
 
Neil Harrington
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-10-2008

"Rita Berkowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad the
> D3 is very water resistant.
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>


Nice shot. Too bad there isn't a little more frantic wing flapping shown --
was this a single shot, or the best of a rapid fire series?

Ducks do funny things, but seem to have no sense of humor themselves. On the
other hand I guess I don't know how a duck would express a sense of humor if
he had one.

Neil


 
Reply With Quote
 
Celcius
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-10-2008

"Focus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Celcius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:fr3ic8$5i4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Focus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Rita Berkowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>> Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad
>>>> the D3 is very water resistant.
>>>>
>>>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>
>>>>
>>>
>>> Excellent timing and a great picture...
>>> Don't mind the jealous trolls.
>>>
>>> Nikon rules!
>>>
>>>
>>> --

>> Focus,
>> Please "focus" on what I said.
>> I'm not jealous, nor a troll, but I find extravagant to have this type of
>> gear to take this resulting photo.
>> I bet my bottom $ that she/he would have done as well with a simple
>> outfit, say a Canon D20 or Nikon D 70 (note, older models), both with a
>> good lens, not necessarily a higly pro one. That was in essence what I
>> said.
>> Why all this ballyhoo over such a photo?

>
> You mean except for catching exactly the right moment, perfect colors,
> perfect focus and supersharp image?
> Absolutely nothing
>
>
> --

Of course not, Focus.
He was making a big thing about the camera and the super lens. Please read
his comment...
As for catching the right moment, no doubt, but I doubt it's simply the
hardware and THAT was my point.
Then, let's face it, those shots are also a matter of luck. Look at it this
way, you have to set your camera for rapid firing, the right WB, the right
opening, etc. and most of all, you don't know what the bird will do
Marcel


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VOIP over VPN over TCP over WAP over 3G Theo Markettos UK VOIP 2 02-14-2008 03:27 PM
Intranet Project - Rad Or Waterfall? bs866806@163.com Python 1 01-08-2008 03:33 PM
Pacific Northwest waterfall near Denny Creek ForrestPhoto@gmail.com Digital Photography 9 04-04-2007 12:44 PM
Waterfall photography group Forest Wanderer Digital Photography 0 10-20-2006 02:51 PM
Waterfall stills and Cloud time-lapse paul Digital Photography 3 02-23-2005 09:20 PM



Advertisments