Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Help turning on my wifi.

Help turning on my wifi.

wiz0r wiz0r is offline
Junior Member

Hi, well, I had a problem yesterday. I was using my laptop like I usually do. I went to bed, and my girlfriend used my comp. Anyway, when I turned it on, the WI-FI Icon on my Dell Inspiron 9300 was turned off, and the Intel/Wireless thing had a red cross on it. When I open it, it says that the network adapter was not recognized, or something like that.

Now, my gf tells me that she didn't delete anything, and well, I don't know what happened, but even when I press Function+F2 whom is supposed to turn on my WiFi, it does NOTHING. The light never turns on, and obviously I don't have wireless access anymore.

I tried re-installing the driver, and whilst the installation was going an error pops out, and it says "NETWORK ADAPTER DRIVER IS NOT INSTALLED". I even, un-installed it, and re-installed it, and the same thing happened. God, this is so annoying. Can someone please help me? Pretty please..