Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Cannot acquire network address

Cannot acquire network address

AllanF AllanF is offline
Junior Member

I have 2 pc's in my house.

Pc1 is running Vista and connected to a Neatger router by wire.

Pc2 is running XP and has a USB belkin 45g wireless adaptar.

I cannot get a connection on pc2, it just sticks at 'acquiring network address'

As far as I am aware I installed the wireless adaptar correctly.

Any help would be appreciated, please try to keep it simple for me.

whoswho whoswho is offline
Junior Member

You can check that if Neatger router and the adaptar support the same wireless protocols, "it just sticks at 'acquiring network address" it seems like there's no problem. maybe you can reinstall the windows XP