Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Simple date compare

Simple date compare

Andrea Francia

Roedy Green wrote:
> leap seconds in Java are handled by adjustments to the clock.
> Computationally they don't exist.

Could you provide a reference for this affirmation, I'm interested.
Thanks

sla29970@gmail.com

On Mar 10, 2:03 am, Andrea Francia <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Roedy Green wrote:
> >leap secondsin Java are handled by adjustments to the clock.
> > Computationally they don't exist.

This is true for a POSIX-compliant system clock. Other system clocks
may count leap seconds.

> Could you provide a reference for this affirmation, I'm interested.
> Thanks

I'll offer these
http://www.ucolick.org/~sla/leapsecs...les.html#POSIX
http://www.ucolick.org/~sla/leapsecs...bib.html#POSIX