Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > hotmail --- wtf ??

hotmail --- wtf ??

Donny

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 00:35:22 -0800 (PST)
pg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> What is happening to hotmail ??
>
> When I type "www.hotmail.com" in my browser and hit enter, I got
> transfered to "http://login.live.com/login.srf?
> wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=10&ct=1205051249&rver=4.5.2130 .0&wp=MBI&wreply=http:
> %2F%2Fmail.live.com%2Fdefault.aspx&id=64855"
>
> which is a blank page. Absolutely nothing there.
>
> Does Microsoft use its own product?
>
> How can anyone log on to the hotmail account when what we got is a
> blank page ??
>
> It doesn't matter which browser I use. I've tried Safari, IE6, IE7,
> Firefox and K-Meleon. Got the exact same blank page.
>
> WTF ??

Once your link was pieced together it worked for me.

"Have an MSN Hotmail, MSN Messenger, or Passport account? It's your
Windows Live ID."

pg

What is happening to hotmail ??

When I type "www.hotmail.com" in my browser and hit enter, I got
transfered to "http://login.live.com/login.srf?
wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=10&ct=1205051249&rver=4.5.2130 .0&wp=MBI&wreply=http:
%2F%2Fmail.live.com%2Fdefault.aspx&id=64855"

which is a blank page. Absolutely nothing there.

Does Microsoft use its own product?

How can anyone log on to the hotmail account when what we got is a
blank page ??

It doesn't matter which browser I use. I've tried Safari, IE6, IE7,
Firefox and K-Meleon. Got the exact same blank page.

WTF ??

VanguardLH

"pg" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is happening to hotmail ??
>
> When I type "www.hotmail.com" in my browser and hit enter, I got
> transfered to "http://login.live.com/login.srf?
> wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=10&ct=1205051249&rver=4.5.2130 .0&wp=MBI&wreply=http:
> %2F%2Fmail.live.com%2Fdefault.aspx&id=64855"
>
> which is a blank page. Absolutely nothing there.
>
> Does Microsoft use its own product?
>
> How can anyone log on to the hotmail account when what we got is a
> blank page ??
>
> It doesn't matter which browser I use. I've tried Safari, IE6, IE7,
> Firefox and K-Meleon. Got the exact same blank page.

MSN Hotmail is becoming Hotmail Live which is part of Microsoft's Live
project. That is why you get redirected on the login. As to the
blank page, try flushing your browser's temporary file cache.

Have you tried starting from their http://www.live.com web page and
clicking on the Hotmail link, or start from their http://mail.live.com
page? How about trying to start from http://login.live.com and do the
login there, then click on the Hotmail link up in the toolbar?

If they are doing maintenance, it is possible some navigation paths
were broke when you were trying to login and they will probably get
fixed or changed later, but you didn't mention over how LONG you have
been trying to login to your Hotmail account. Did you wait and try a
day later? Or is this a knee-jerk reaction to an immediate pain?

> WTF ??

And this adds what additional information to your post?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Donny wrote:

Fix your clock.

--
-bts
-Friends don't let friends drive Vista

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Please see this page http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm then post back to this
thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist you properly.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

pg wrote:
> What is happening to hotmail ??
>
> When I type "www.hotmail.com" in my browser and hit enter, I got
> transfered to "http://login.live.com/login.srf?
> wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=10&ct=1205051249&rver=4.5.2130 .0&wp=MBI&wreply=http:
> %2F%2Fmail.live.com%2Fdefault.aspx&id=64855"
>
> which is a blank page. Absolutely nothing there.
>
> Does Microsoft use its own product?
>
> How can anyone log on to the hotmail account when what we got is a
> blank page ??
>
> It doesn't matter which browser I use. I've tried Safari, IE6, IE7,
> Firefox and K-Meleon. Got the exact same blank page.
>
> WTF ??

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

In 24hoursupport.helpdesk, PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> Please see this page http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm then post back to
> this thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist you
> properly.

Excellent advice!

Here is some more;
http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#upside

--
-bts
-Friends don't let friends drive Vista

WTF is wrong with MSN, hotmail TRees Computer Support 1 03-31-2006 01:55 AM
Cant add file associations in Firefox 1.0 for winXP!?!??! wtf??? Idolator#556 Firefox 2 02-05-2005 11:37 PM
Hotmail popper - Hotmail => pop3 access <eom> Paul D.Smith ASP General 0 10-14-2004 01:05 PM
WTF?? Leroy Forrester Firefox 18 09-24-2004 06:59 AM
irda/rc5...wtf? =?Utf-8?B?YWxwaGFMb2JzdGVy?= Wireless Networking 0 08-01-2004 10:55 PM

Advertisments