Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Mystery Error

Mystery Error

Todd Plambeck

I have a website with about 100 users. They all seem to work fine except
one. When they go from the main page to a page containing a webgrid
containing delivery addresses, an error is thrown. Here's the code that
causes the error:

' Store URL Referrer
ViewState("UrlReferrer") = Request.UrlReferrer.ToString()

Here's the error description:Object reference not set to an instance of an
object.

They are using IE 6 and it happens on all the PC's in their office. Any
ideas what would cause this not to work on just this one customer?

Thanks,

Todd

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP]

Hi Todd,

You should check that UrlReferrer is not null before trying to call
ToString() on it.

--
Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

"Todd Plambeck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a website with about 100 users. They all seem to work fine except
> one. When they go from the main page to a page containing a webgrid
> containing delivery addresses, an error is thrown. Here's the code that
> causes the error:
>
> ' Store URL Referrer
> ViewState("UrlReferrer") = Request.UrlReferrer.ToString()
>
> Here's the error description:Object reference not set to an instance of an
> object.
>
> They are using IE 6 and it happens on all the PC's in their office. Any
> ideas what would cause this not to work on just this one customer?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Todd

Need help with mystery error Don Lancaster Javascript 1 03-15-2010 06:08 PM
Timeout::Error mystery Ruby Ronin Ruby 2 12-10-2007 06:13 AM
Mystery error message =?Utf-8?B?QmFzc21hbg==?= Wireless Networking 3 02-02-2006 02:46 AM
Mystery ASP.NET Error Amelyan ASP .Net Web Controls 4 06-08-2005 06:58 PM
Mystery ASP.NET Error (No one seems to have a clue) Amelyan ASP .Net 4 06-03-2005 01:34 PM

Advertisments