Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > IP connection drops and needs repair after hibernation

IP connection drops and needs repair after hibernation

=?Utf-8?B?R2VvcmdlSw==?=

This phenona happens with both wireless and wired connection. When the
computer is first turned on it acquires an address from and connects to the
router normally. However, if I let the computer go to hibernate, when I turn
it back on the initial connection is not there anymore and I have to "repair"
it using XP's network connectio repair tab/function. I would appreciate any
suggestions to make this stop.
Here are some info that may help.
I run Zone Alarm and have it automatically lock the internet connection when
it goes to screen save. When out of screen save I have to tell Zone Alarm to
open the connection. This is fine. I want this feature.
Also, I run Norton Antivirus as well as XP2 firewall features.

Thanks in advance.